Best Baccarat strategy: increase your chances of winning with Baccarat

Best Baccarat strategy: increase your chances of winning with Baccarat

December 29, 2020 Casino 0

Live Baccarat Squeeze

Baccarat, also called Punto Banco, is extremely popular in Asia and in James Bond movies. Where Las Vegas mainly runs on slot machines, Macau, the Asian Las Vegas, mainly runs on Baccarat. You can also play Baccarat at the Holland Casino, while every online casino also has some baccarat machines and gaming tables with live baccarat.

In the casino you play a somewhat simplified version of the original baccarat game. So you do not have to bid for who is going to play the bank or adjust a palette to the table. You simply bet on a profit for the players (punto or players), a profit for the bank (banker or banco) or a tie. Live casino providers have added some side bets over time.

In this article, Casino Fisher explains the best baccarat strategy. This baccarat strategy is easy to learn and to remember.
In short: baccarat tutorial

You don’t have to play at Baccarat yourself. All you have to do is place a bet. You can bet on the players (punto or players), the bank (banker or banco) or a tie. You bet on what you think will be the outcome of the game of baccarat that the dealer is playing.

The house rules are fixed. For every possible situation, it is therefore described what the dealer must do. The players (punto) and the bank (banco) have to get as close as possible to the 9 points. The ace is worth 1 point, the pictures are worth 0 points and the one digit cards are worth the number. For example, hearts 6 is worth 6 points.

After placing the bets, the dealer places two cards with both players (punto) and the bank (banco). Subsequently, the house rules apply. This means that players (players of punto) are awarded an extra card with a point total of 0 to 5.

Whether the bank (banco or banker) gets an extra card depends not only on the point total of the bank itself, but also on the point total of the players. On the right you have a table with all possible situations and what the dealer must do in that case according to the Baccarat house rules.

Whoever comes closest to 9 points wins. Do players and the bank come equally close to 9 points? Then it’s a tie.
What bets can you place at Baccarat?

Basically you have the choice of one bet on players, the bank or a bet on a tie. If you guess correctly, this will give you the following payouts:

Once your bet if the players win.
0.95 times your stake if the bank wins.
11 times your stake if it ends in a tie.

A win from the bank earns 0.95 times the stake, because it takes 5% commission. That is the commission you normally pay at Baccarat to be allowed to play a banker.
What is the best baccarat strategy?

You don’t pay that commission for nothing. The chance is greatest that the bank will win. That chance is 45.86 percent. The chance that the players will win is 44.62 percent. And the chance of a draw? That is 9.51 percent.

It is best to bet on banco (also known as bank or banker). This gives you the highest chance of winning. The high chance of winning also more than makes up for the 5% commission. The payout percentage for one bet on the bank is 98.83 percent. That means a house advantage of 1.17 percent. That’s little, even in the online casino. A bet on the bank is one of the best bets you can make in the casino.

The punto bet, the bet on players, does yield a slightly higher payout (after all, you do not pay a 5% commission), but a slightly lower chance of winning. That brings the house edge to 1.36%. The payout percentage is therefore 98.64%.

Finally, the bet on a tie, also called tie. You will be paid 8 times your stake if you bet on a tie and the game actually ends in a tie. However, the chance of a draw is small. As a result, the casino has a house advantage of no less than 14.36%. In the UK, a tie often pays out 9 times. That makes the house edge of the casino a bit more acceptable, but still high: 4.85%.